Saturday 25 May 2019

Vingt-cinq

I give thanks for one of my favourite kind of days - and probably yours as well! What passing of time could we all agree on? Doing pretty much what you want when you want of course! It helps if you set your sights within your capabilities and budget obviously, and either have very easy going company or really like your own...and I give thanks for ticking those boxes!

There was a family fun day in town here and, fresh out of family to have fun with at its attractions, I give thanks for getting out early enough to get bread and milk and pick up a parcel before it all really got going. I give thanks for enjoying some of the live music too especially as it would have been hard not to hear it unless I shut all the windows and put my earplugs in. Some presumably local lads did a couple of sets of covers many of which seemed to be aimed at my generation, and it made me smile to wonder how many people were there old enough to want to dance to Brown Sugar and still capable!

The clouds kept piling up and though obviously I'm grateful on the punters behalf that it stayed dry I kept kind of hoping a storm would suddenly break and I could watch everyone running for cover. For it not being blazing sunshine either as I might have wanted to abandon the things I was doing and go back out. It was nice weather for ducks and that's the main thing...


I give thanks for some simple cookery and lots of eating. For short bursts of energy to tackle domestic chores and move the decorating on a slight increment here and there. For flolloping on the sofa in between with the odd snooze and some catch up TV. Oh and for catching sight in the schedule of one of those episodes of Lewis that I failed to record when I was still working. How young everyone looks - well I guess so did I!

I give thanks for my view of the sea...so many sorts of beautiful is has been today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics