Sunday 12 May 2019

Douze

Mmm...I give thanks for a proper job lie in today. Thought I would have one yesterday as I didn't have to go out until well into the afternoon but then there was a frantic email from the lady who manages the block needing a front door key to copy. Of course I was grateful to oblige as this is for the alarm company to come and assess the situation but it still required some attention and effort to arrange a handover.


I give thanks for...eventually...going out for a light breakfast as I'd promised myself I would. Quite a lot of things I'd promised myself (like a weekend away before the next round of operations and benefit cuts) are probably not going to happen now the DWP seems intent on penalising me for having extra money in my bank account to pay for the lease extension, and the lease extension taking so long. It seems a little unfair but so do most of the decisions those guys make and the chances are they'll be talking my bus pass away soon too so it's important to use it before I lose it. I give thanks for it being a very pleasant little outing despite considerable pain in various parts of my body and a slight ache in my bank account after accidentally coming home with a little Weird Fish dress as well. For it dawning on me there are such things as folding walking sticks. I think one of those would be very useful on particularly hobbly and wobbly days...

I give thanks for a long Roman lunch when I got home. Roman? Yeah, something that could be eaten lying down...and for watching last night's Britain's Got Talent. I've come back to this after many years' absence and have to say it's much improved both in regards of talent and behaviour of the judges! I particularly enjoy how they, and Ant and Dec, join in or try out some of the acts.

Oh and I forgot to say yesterday I was grateful on the way to the wedding to encounter two bickering couples. I really appreciated the reminder that happiness isn't always pair shaped! And for, after a struggle, getting studs through my almost closed up second earring holes. I may be an invisible wrinkly old lady now but these little signs of unconventionality still matter you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics