Saturday 11 May 2019

Onze

It's been a long time since I went to a wedding. I thought I might powder my nose as it was such a special day but making up is hard to do when you discover you've disposed of all your cosmetics. I give thanks nobody cared much including me! I give thanks I enjoyed dressing up a bit though and that my new clothes looked and felt nice - even the shoes, barring the pain from my deformed toenails and foot that swelled up with all the standing. I give thanks for some of the standing up being for joining in singing - always a joy. And for some of the sitting down being to listen while the daughter of the mutual friend who introduced the bride and groom sang At Last more soulfully and sweetly than I've ever heard anyone else do. I give thanks that Laura and Nick found love at last.

I give thanks for Phil the taxi man getting me to the church on time, and waiting when we got there to give me a free lift back in case I was at the wrong event as I couldn't recognise anyone even Laura's bridesmaid daughters as I'd not seen them for years and never looking quite as demure as that!

I give thanks though it was a sore walk back to the bus stop afterwards there were lots of sunny seats to rest on and the delight of being out of town in a pretty leafy village. For leftovers for my when I got home as both eating and resting were urgently required. For being on my own this evening to recharge my batteries. I seem to have been with a lot of people this week and that always runs them down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics