Friday 24 May 2019

Vingt-quatre

Well it wasn't a bad day at the office, but I give thanks for that Friday feeling finally turning into Woohoo Friday night no hospital for two days! I give thanks for preferred nurses attending to my needles and not needling me by being incomprehensible or heavy handed. For pleasant taxi drivers too with whom I could find some common conversational ground. It makes a difference if you are stuck with someone for a thirty minute plus journey. you know. Guy on the way back rolled down the window for me so I could try to get a photo of the fabulously convoluted clouds though sadly not as good through my phone lens as my specs. He turned out to be a weather fan too and we discussed the delight of being caught in the rain which not everyone seems to understand...


Because I arrived early and started treatment straight away I gave thanks I was able to go to the hospital restaurant for a cuppa afterwards. If I have a wait at the start it's lunchtime for patients, visitors and staff and there's long queues and crowded tables so best not to go there - literally and metaphorically! For finally finishing the second season of American Gods so I feel I've 'got my money's worth' from the free Amazon Prime trial. It really was a visual feast even on a small screen. For nearly catching a nap afterwards and seeing the funny side when all the machines nearby started going haywire at once and making lots of noise, along with the people trying to stop them...and then just when it had all quietened down and I was finally drifting off, the tea trolley brought me back to wakefulness which is always something I'm grateful for... I give thanks for being home with a simple supper almost ready to eat and two whole days that are mine, all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics