Saturday 4 May 2019

Quatre

I give thanks for a patchwork sort of day. I don't mean I've been cutting and stitching scraps of cloth (that would have been nice!) but piecing together bits of pleasantness or productivity from the unpromising fabric of low mood, low energy, low finances (still not a p from the DWP) and lots of pain, fatigue and misery.

I give thanks for switching mortgage product to save myself a few quid a month - and for not having to speak to an advisor to do it as well. For finding my Actipatches and tubular bandages to hold them on my knees. For enjoying the warmth of the sunshine when I was out, and for the chill of the breeze ensuring the crowds were fairly thin.

I give thanks for thinking maybe I'd have a late afternoon al fresco ice cream or cuppa when I'd done some chores before I discovered how nippy it still was. For blowing the money I saved on a couple of Co-op ready meals instead as I was then too tired to cook tea. For being fully aware they are neither going to taste very good nor be very renally nutricious, and for not really caring much either way!

I give thanks for a BT muddle meaning I got to speak to lovely advisor to sort it out. When I complimented him on his Newcastle charm he described at some length how happily married he was and to what a splendid man! I give thanks some people find people who think they're just right. For the rainbows in the fountain spray...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics