Tuesday 7 May 2019

Sept

I give thanks my stopped benefit money has finally been restarted! Of course it would be even nicer if they could backdate payment to when it was stopped in the first place but every little helps as they say and this is rather a lot every week coming back into my bank balance for now. I give thanks for raiding Waitrose to celebrate after a very pleasant cafe rendezvous with Jo and Jenny and Liz.. and for the energy to do these things.

I give thanks for a better day altogether starting with not waking at silly o'clock but early enough for a bit of a restful lie in before starting on some of the things I wanted to do, some of the things I needed to do and some restorative times of doing nothing in between. For giving into the urge I've been suppressing for three and a half months - to stick the point of a pair of scissors in a part of the living room wallpaper where it's not too well attached to the wall to see how easily it will come off. It's painted woodchip so I knew to expect a tough job ahead, especially as it's a large high ceilinged room, so I was delighted in that part at least it's actually coming off quite satisfyingly easily. Like other decorating jobs I can only do a little at a time, and some areas will be impossible for me to reach but it's very heartening to discover not all of it is beyond my capability.

I give thanks for running into Phil the cab man when I was mooching about my old haunts. It was on my to do list to call him today to see if he'd be working Saturday for a ride to the church and now I know he is and has pencilled me in so that's another job done. I give thanks for digging some leftovers out of the freezer for tea...it's good to be busy but I'm grateful I'm winding down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics