Tuesday 28 May 2019

Vingt-huit

Ouch! That's a lot of pain for a little body... I give thanks for the bits I slept through, though the nightmares I could have done without! For eventually reclaiming my life around lunchtime today and more or less catching up with most of the stuff I meant to do. For the woman who rang up to give me my pre-op assessment saying I'd made her day by letting her glimpse the strange world of my imagination and giving us both a laugh.

I give thanks for winning a very lengthy battle with various technological objects and procedures and getting the train tickets for a little jaunt planned for Saturday and Nectar points as well! For popping into a couple of charity shops when I went out to the station and supermarket and coming back with a nice little Boden top with 'dialysis' sleeves - ie long enough to cover up the most mutilated parts of my right arm but short enough to roll up out of the way so it can be mutilated some more. £2.50 - get on!

For it being another pleasant day for yet more family fun on the green. I'm very grateful the PA was only going for four hours as I suspect I'm not the demographic its aimed at (when am I ever?) but though a lot of the tourists bring out the Victor Meldrew in me I'm aware they keep the businesses and facilities in this little town going and I give thanks they do. Ooh and I give thanks for accidentally discovering the information I'd read that the French Open was only on Eurosport and Sky this year was wrong! Woohoo, just time to do something slightly useful before M. Monfils is due to play...that'll do nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics