Thursday 30 May 2019

Trente

I give thanks for my duvet giving me a hug last night, for the steady support of my mattress. All that waiting around was very wearying and any kind of attack, even a verbal one, is harder to deal with when you don't have anyone by your side or on your side. So I give thanks after tea for taking myself off to bed to read and, shortly after I realised I'd forgotten my book, for falling fast asleep!

Today's been a lot about attempting damage limitation and I give thanks for my endeavours! I fished out the tetrapaks from the carrier bags full of unsorted unwashed items one of my neighbours insists on putting in the recycling boxes here and took them to the skip in the next door town where they belong...then emailed the building managers to ask if they could remind people what they are supposed to do. I took the broken roller blind pulley back to the shop for a replacement as suggested, and when we discovered that the replacement had a different shaped hole to fit on the bracket accepted a matching bracket too. (I also give thanks I didn't attempt to fit this first as the new pulley won't pull either...) I considered my options regarding the patient who caused me so much grief yesterday whose behaviour is causing me some anxiety regarding future meetings, contacted the advocacy officer for advice, and accepted her offer of taking it further on my behalf.

I give thanks for Mima taking me to pick up some paint and a vegan sausage roll for a hasty lunch on a bench with a takeaway cuppa before she went to her next class...and then delivering the paint late for me when she'd finished. For catching up with tennis and rest a little this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics