Sunday 5 May 2019

Cinq

I'm grateful for the stuff I've got done today, but the best bits were definitely the ones when I did very little at all! Reading a book in bed in the morning, and another in the bath in the afternoon along with a postprandial nap...

I give thanks for deciding yesterday evening that a ready made dinner, meaning only minimal food prep and washing up, should release energy for making headway with painting the last section of kitchen wall. Ah well, we all make mistakes, and even though I've been too exhausted and sore to do much more than finish what I started, clean up somewhat and put the furniture etc back in place, I really am grateful that job is now done. A week tomorrow I have an appointment that will likely result in another operation on my arm so it's important to do as much as I can before I lose the use of it again.

I give thanks for writing that and remembering a little craft project for a friend I was working on and got side-tracked from this week. For managing to do a little more before my hand began to seize up...And for then being grateful that instead of the Columbo I don't recall seeing (that failed to record well enough due to being on a channel for which the signal is still weak) I was watching one I've seen not so long ago and so didn't need to pay the screen so much attention.

I give thanks for looking at the clock and realising hey, it won't be all that long before I can be back in bed with a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics