Tuesday 21 May 2019

Vingt-et-un

I give thanks for finally finishing up those pesky profiteroles last night. They've been lurking in my freezer for a few months as servings have to be small - not only is the alcoholic chocolate sauce rather bad for kidneys but also it's bad for clothing too as it leaps out of the bowl and thickly coats whatever you're wearing every single time you eat them. Very nice though!

After a bad attack of the zombies last night and this morning I give thanks I eventually got my proverbial out of bed and washed and dressed in time to go to the castle with Mima and spend our Travelzoo voucher on cut price entry. I give thanks it was a beautiful day for enjoying the grounds and the slightly pricey but very pleasant refreshments at the cafe, and for a friendly woman letting us share her table while she waited for her husband to go on one of the inside tours.

You couldn't go round unaccompanied so we went on one ourselves I was grateful it wasn't only me that found it tedious and slow (perhaps because they had recently made two tours out of one so the guides had extra waffling to do?) and that Mima was quite sure she didn't want to take the second one upstairs but preferred to explore the grounds as well. I give thanks we both enjoyed the petting zoo and children's adventure playground instead. We didn't pet any animals but, as no one was around, chatted to them and played as adventurously as we could on some of the equipment! Not this obviously - this is just a decorative daisy I loved.


I give thanks for managing to get some supplies from the Co op before collapsing back on the sofa this evening. Apart from the shopping I have done precisely nothing useful today and I give thanks for being fine with that...as long as I manage to get up again and cook something from the freezer all's pretty much OK with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics