Monday 27 May 2019

Vingt-sept

I give thanks for blooming palm trees - how beautiful are they? For the slow holiday traffic meaning I got to appreciate the roadside gardens more, and uncut weedkiller free verges too. For the sight of folk out and about together - three youngsters with backpacks heading for the fair, a young couple with two small girls wheeling their bikes carefully down a lane and a white haired slightly stooped man and woman holding hands. What a wonderful world it can be!

In my world, though I was impressed and grateful to realise this morning how much I'd got done over the weekend, I could weep from weariness and pain. I give thanks for a quiet(ish) corner on the ward to yawn and doze when possible. For the tea trolley being late as my left hand went into cramp and I couldn't have lifted the cup earlier on. For silent cab drivers as I don't think I'd have been able to string a sentence together and for taking a cuppa and a snack straight back to bed when I got home. There are times when not being in social demand is in its way a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics