Saturday 18 May 2019

DIx-huit

Once more with filling...

Among the pleasures that have to be rationed nowadays due to the subsequent pain is...filling, as in pressing paste into crevices and cracks in walls. I don't know why, some get their kicks from champagne I hear...maybe it's a subconscious thing to do with filling voids? Anyway, obviously I'm very grateful to be (very) slo-mo decorating again so opportunities come up now and then for indulging myself with this treat. Also for so far being pretty good at stopping before major hand cramps ensue and there's only a little swelling at the base of my thumb. And for finding some heavy duty glass paper for a sander which is good even without one for removing the little blobs of plaster on the walls spattered from Artexing the ceiling I suppose.

Understandably, given my delicate state if I'm DIYing I'm not CIYing (cooking it myself) so I give thanks for convenience such as ready made coleslaw and hummus and mini-donuts. I kind of give thanks they didn't have the paint I wanted in the right size tin today too as there is plenty of paint still in the house waiting to be applied to various surfaces, to say nothing of other hand hampering activities demanding my attention and better left undone for a while.

I give thanks for finding a plug that works in my bathroom basin even with the broken integral pop up one in the way, and a plughole strainer for the bath that fits snuggly and doesn't let hair underneath like it's predecessor. Surprisingly satisfying but low cost home improvements...

I give thanks for a late lie in after nightmares waking me up in the night and a lovely leisurely afternoon bath with a book. For making myself chuckle on the bus instead of tuning in to the grumbles of others, realising that some chaps are afflicted with male pattern boldness as well as the other things. Women readers am sure will know the behaviour I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics