Tuesday 14 May 2019

Quatorze

Mmm nice dinner last night, though I say it myself! I give thanks for my appetite and food to feed it, for the pleasure of Rachel's company, a very welcome acupuncture treatment and, of course, having all the pots washed while I lay still with the needles in...

I give thanks though pain woke me up in the night and blighted my morning I still managed to get some sleep and eventually to get dressed and out of the door. I've noticed lately that many people have 'indignant' as their default setting and that was me for the first part of the day regarding the state of my joints. 'I haven't done anything!' I was whining (internally) thinking about a mostly sedentary Monday, but then I remembered how busy I'd been at the weekend and, though obviously it didn't stop anything hurting, it felt more justified.

I give thanks that Jo found someone else to help her pass a long day home alone as I'd already arranged to meet Jenny who used to clean for me and who I haven't seen to talk to properly for a very long time. It was lovely to have a catch up, not least because she treated me to tea and delicious chocolate cake (oops!) at one of my favourite cafes. She was telling me she worked in a renal unit in the Philippines and they used to call kidney failure a wealthy person's disease as only the richest patients could afford dialysis. I give thanks for the blunt reminder of how fortunate I am despite my blighted health. In another time or place I would not have suffered so much - but only because I wouldn't have suffered so long,

I give thanks for the warm sunshine despite the bitter wind. For my sofa and a lot of recorded TV for a good long rest when I came home...Oh, and I'm still counting in French, and spelling it right too! How well did they drill that in at school eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics