Sunday 19 May 2019

Dix-neuf

Although there are far fewer trees surrounding this flat compared to my last one, I give thanks there are enough to hear birdsong on a mild morning when I have the windows ajar. Not that I saw (or heard) a lot of the morning, as with nothing to get up for at all my inner alarm clock switched itself off and I slept in luxuriously late. I give thanks not getting up when I did wake up either but just lazing about a while..

Yesterday evening I had one of those rare and precious times of feeling well so was bustling about gratefully catching up with chores. One of them was changing the bedding and I gave a lot of thanks for the bliss of smooth clean sheets.

I give thanks after all the restful idleness at the start of the day I felt capable of more activity and got stuck into some decorating jobs. Last time I moved home I could put a coat of painr on all four walls of a medium size room in one go, whereas now it's just one small area at a time. I give thanks for persevering and for believing all those little patches will eventually join up. 

I give thanks for the watching the weather change - the ebb and flow of tourists, the colours of the sea. For resisting all  temptation to go outdoors and thus avoiding energy sapping activities like getting properly dressed, brushing my hair or going down and up the stairs. For getting inventive with odds and ends in freezer and fridge. Who would have thought cottage cheese and broccoli pie could be so tasty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics