Thursday 16 May 2019

Seize

I am sixteen going on seventy! I'm sure I have readers who know what I mean...

Hmm, well now...what else can I say? Well, I'm grateful I don't usually hurt quite as much as I did last night because I could't really do anything except feel sorry for myself - not even watching TV and certainly not tackling the mound of washing up! I give thanks for some patches of sleep and in an awake one getting up for a cuppa and admiring the dawn sky. For eventually things easing off in the late afternoon - probably the prospect of future pain diverting my attention from the present helped!

I give thanks though I had to be at a different hospital about a different health matter today it wasn't til quite late in the afternoon so I could proceed at a leisurely pace - though to be honest no pace at all would have suited me best today. I had thought to take a scenic bus route but though my mind's eye could see it my body couldn't oblige by getting me moving early enough...so I give thanks for reminding myself pretty much all the bus services round here are scenic and if you're going to fall asleep (as I did - on the way there and almost on the way back too!) it doesn't matter much anyhow...

I give thanks for persuading the podiatrist I didn't need to be re-assessed and thus I didn't have to miss the bus back to town from the hospital, though I deliberately missed the first one back here as it was sounded by rowdy schoolkids and they really can blight what might otherwise be an enjoyable journey.

I give thanks for the NHS and the fact that this week they have booked two operations for me with not long to wait for either. The thought of either of them, let alone both, gives me the heebie jeebies, but I'm not doing it for the good of my health, you know. Oh wait...yes I am! I give thanks for resolving to try to focus out the other side of surgery and healing when I can appreciate the effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics