Wednesday 1 May 2019

Un

Ouch! I give thanks for the bits of this that I caused myself through willful use of my muscles and joints. The bits that came with having to be on a horrid hospital bed for my treatment not so much... I couldn't so I give thanks for three hospital blankets though of course they're heavy cotton so you just become weighted down not cosy. A couple of members of staff were concerned I might be ill, or going down with something, as I looked pale, but I thought it was due to being in a draughty corner, in pain and with pale blue cloth wrapped around under my chin. They asked me some silly questions like 'Are you eating and drinking?' and took a blood test to see who was right, so I give thanks in anticipation of maybe some more intravenous iron which usually bucks me up a little

I give thanks for new things to try for lunch (see above). From the Tesco delivery yesterday I had Quorn 'chicken slices' for my sarnies, and mini sour cream and chive rice cakes on the side. The former was as you'd expect - quite pleasant and very practical... and the latter a most acceptable alternative to similarly flavoured potato crispy things. I've only ever had the little packs of caramel ones before - which are yummy but good to have a savoury sort too.

I give thanks for more practice at patience and tolerance dealing with taxi drivers, and a few folk on the ward. Some days I really am not in the mood for humans - and an extra eighteen hours or so a week in close proximity to them is taking quite a bit of adaptation and adjustment. I give thanks for a so far good French crime drama on Netflix to retreat into as far as possible in a bright busy and noisy environment.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics