Tuesday 30 July 2019

Quatre-vingt-onze

Mmm, how lovely to wake up to the sound of wind and rain when tucked up cosy in bed in no hurry to get out of it! I give thanks for an early night and a late lie in and plenty of sleep in between courtesy of one of my magic pills which are controlled, rationed and rightly so as they not only reduce pain but all other unpleasantnesses and those of an addictive personality could become over fond of them I'm sure.

I give thanks for a leisurely morning pottering about with cooking and lounging in the bath while the stiff breeze blew the clouds away and I could pop out for some bits of this and that without getting soaked. For a very exhilarating open top bus ride, and for my hair not blowing away! For the podiatrist being pleased with the state of my toes - I have scabs now which is a very good sign and when they've come off I can be free to get them wet in any way I choose. For popping in to see Jo for a cuppa and natter before I came home, and for more exhilaration in the form of a sudden heavy shower as I walked back, providing fresh legs for the drivers to soak as they drove past. One likes to be of service!

I give thanks my evening meal was mostly cooked this morning, as although the day has seemed quite leisurely it's actually been rather energetic and I'm now mostly incapable of moving at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics