Friday 5 July 2019

Soixante-six

Goodness me! Who would have thought infected toesies could be so painful? I give thanks for post walking cramps and equipment malfunction in the night helping that discomfort blend in with all the others...and, though I kept waking up, for getting back to sleep again easily. For my antibiotics being ready at the pharmacist, and for being hopeful they will do the trick.

For remembering to look up the bird I saw yesterday, a grey wagtail apparently, despite being noticeably yellow! And for Facebook pictures of Bob willingly walking in the countryside with Siobhan. I tried to enthuse him with delight for this wonderful pastime when he was a young lad without success, so it's lovely to see he's got there in his own time. I give thanks for being taken though beautiful countryside by a bus driver today, that's as good as it gets right now...

I give thanks for my new phone. I mean actually NEW! I'm very grateful for this but it's been a while and technology has moved along since that last happened so there's been a few teething problems, like the tool for opening the SIM tray falling through a wormhole in the carpet to another dimension, and when it reappeared in this version of reality and I could use it I found my card is too anciently large to fit in the new piece of kit. I give thanks my own phone is still hanging on, that I could ask Google via that to set the new one up, and that after some lengthy live chat I believe a replacement daintier SIM on its way. I give thanks for not having to actually call any customer service department about this as there's been far too much of that with the missing ebay item. Advisors keep assuring me this is ready for collection as their system says the same thing as mine. They buyer can't seem to grasp the situation and first of all said they'd send the courier round to my home to show me where they'd left the parcel, and then said I should try a different Collect+ store in case they have it. The collection point store owner meanwhile is getting fed up of being phoned about it and says he's too busy to discuss it right now! The item is a new quilt for the spare room bed for visitors like Bob next week so I do hope they sort it soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics