Friday 12 July 2019

Soixante-treize

I have to be grateful for practicing gratitude as it's been one of those days when otherwise one might feel moved to complain on several occasions. Though feeling frustrated and rather emotionally battered by its twists and turns, I'm grateful for at least trying to recover my equilibrium, and to be polite to people around me. For it being someone I get on quite well with who put the needles in and took them out so I didn't have to try to grin and bear small talk. It was the woman who sprayed my cardigan with blood a while back and she returned it to me pristinely laundered, bless her!

It's been lovely to have Bob here of course and I was looking forward to unwinding  withhim when I eventually got back from the hospital, but when I found out he'd gone out actually I was grateful for the time to unwind by myself without offloading my troubles and tensions. I sat in the sunshine in the little park across the road gradually letting go, and gave great thanks when I managed to be more mindful of my surroundings and saw a little random meadowsweet plant by the brook! What a wonderful discovery...I had to squat down in a most unseemly fashion to have a sniff but I was most grateful I did for the lovely fragrance and for the fluffiness of the flowers on my nose!

I give thanks for Bob returning in time to enjoy an ice cream with me from the kiosk, for a GP responding to my worries about still slightly infected toes with a message saying he'd send a further prescription to the chemist for tomorrow, and for having the food I'd prepared earlier heated up and brought to me while I soaked my wounds in salt water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics