Saturday 6 July 2019

Soixante-sept

I'm grateful to Coco Gauff for spinning out but staying in that match last night - I really needed a long lounge on the sofa! I rarely find women tennis players gripping viewing but she is a rare woman tennis player, despite only being fifteen... For the beautiful clouds at sunset, and for the pub in the alley behind my flat having a loud live band to stop me going to bed too early as I needed to stay up late to take the pills for my feet.

This morning I was grateful my toes looked no worse, though still no sign of getting better, despite have that queasiness that sometimes comes with anitbiotics. For Mima being at a loose end too so arranging to meet her to picnic on the grassy bank overlooking the bay for the Airshow, and managing to meet Gary on the way. For finding ani nausea pills in my bag to help make that side of things easier to bear, and enjoyable displays.

It's not all been about planes. I give thanks for an open top bus ride, two passenger ferry crossings, a convoy of vintage American cars and vans passing my window by road and a steam rain on the railway! Oh and I tried my first vegan Magnum...can see why my non dairy eating friends are hooked. Reminded me that when I was in a Gregg's the other day saying I loved their vegan sausage rolls although I wasn't one, they replied they actually outsold the meat variety now as people preferred the lack of greasiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics