Tuesday 16 July 2019

Soixante-dix-sept

Mulling over the strange twist of fate last night, and how best to react to it, I was grateful to be distracted when a young member of staff, in the process of moving away to London to study for a nursing degree and live with his girlfriend, came to take me off the machine. I asked how things were in his world and he opened up about some of his fears and then asked what was on my mind so I could tell him mine! It turns out he comes from a slightly similar background to me and, despite our many obvious differences, could actually understand.

I was very tired and stiff this morning so was grateful I could have a slow start. In fact I stayed slow and stiff all day but not in a great deal of pain so I could give thanks for getting a few important tasks gradually done like showing the OT lady where some grab rails might help, putting a bit of filler in the holes Bob had made at my request by removing surplus to requirements cable pins, rawlplugs and screws, and putting a bit of filling between two slices of bread to take with a book to find a peaceful seat in the sun. I had a feeling this might involve walking further than I would have preferred today but I was grateful for lots of other seats for rests on the way and for the one I ended up on being just right.

I give thanks for meeting Jo on her new powered wheelchair off for the first time on her own to meet someone for lunch, and that next week this might be me - meeting Jo, not riding around in a wheelchair! For a snooze and some Netflix when I came home, and that the antibiotics are messing with my appetite again so there's no need to go to a lot of trouble for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics