Friday 19 July 2019

Quatre-vingts

Still battling with almost everything at close to midnight yesterday I give thanks for remembering to meditate, be mindful, and grateful for all the opportunities to learn and grow, adapt, accept and be patient that had come my way. Particularly welcome (in hindsight, though not so much at the time! ) were chances to get better at dealing with physical pain and the exasperation that comes from expecting people to behave in the ways that I'd prefer rather than those that they have chosen. For being well aware others frequently feel the same about me!

I give thanks for more valiant attempts at sorting out a few situations requiring phone calls and emails, not getting very far but feeling I'd done my best in the gap between being ready for transport at an unspecified time and it turning up.

I give thanks though the taxi was early the traffic was very slow so I got to the hospital at about the right time (to wait a long time!) and was also able to take more notice of things beside the road as we gradually passed by, including some starkly beautiful dead trees and a postman strolling along with one letter in each hand!

I give thanks there are so many folk in the world who like to talk about topics that seem to me mind numbingly dull. This means they have a good chance of finding compatible conversational companions (perhaps while  waiting for or receiving dialysis?) and don't have to put up with my monosyllabic mumbled replies. I also give great thanks for earbuds and Imee Ooi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics