Sunday 21 July 2019

Quarte-vingt-deux

Oh my goodness (doesn't seem quite adequate enough an exclamation to be followed by...) how much I enjoyed my Trainspotting binge! I give great thanks for having the foresight to record the first film ready to watch again before the sequel, even though at the time I thought that might be at the cinema rather than at home a long time later. I've often said movies are my drug of choice and it's a while since I've had such a strong and prolonged treatment - did me the world of good - and lounging around on the sofa for several hours with no action or human interaction required was very welcome as well.

I give thanks for having a spare room with a comfy bed already made up so I didn't have to reassemble the my sleeping space last night, and for a long lie in in the morning with my book. For live music nearby eventually making me get up though I didn't have much energy to do a lot when I did. For some intermittent bits of painting, assisted by Clive and Bob removing things that were in the way of this continuing, and for Mima for leaving her magic top edge reaching brush behind so that I could! For the pleasure of seeing more patches of colour now joined up to create increasing coverage. Magnolia may be a sweet thing but not on every wall!

I give thanks for braving the shower and coming out with still some hair on my head. For the son coming out too so I felt moved to move outdoors to eat my sandwich discovering discovered a display of classic cars on the lawn, vintage buses and trucks on the street, a bowling match, WI serving refreshments and a very enjoyable tight country blues rock trio with a proper stand up thumping bass and tremolo arm on lead guitar... I would dearly love a proper holiday, it's been a long time and will probably be a lot longer yet...but oh to be in England when summer's here has its compensations. And one can appreciate the irony of signs you see like this one yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics