Monday 29 July 2019

Quatre-vingt-dix

I give thanks even the taxi not turning up to take me home again plus the chilly shower of rain, couldn't dampen my spirits after some pieces of good news today. First of all this morning I found out that yes I have now been moved to the satellite unit as a regular patient, and then before home time that no existing patients there are waiting for the slot I've slipped into so I can keep it and not have to do early morning starts or late evening finishes neither of which appealed that much. I believe the vacancy occurred for the very reason I'd dreaded it might but I didn't like to enquire too closely... I did however enquire from the consultant (who came to sign me up for a clinical trial I'd agreed to) if she'd read my plea for a Wednesday off as well as for medical attempts to stop my hair loss and she said yes she had and it would be just fine!

I gave a lot of thanks for that as I have a very specific reason for wanting a Wednesday, and though I am determined not to count chickens but a plot is hatching nonetheless that makes me very happy just thinking about it. I give thanks for my continuing relatively good health and my very understanding doctor! Oh and talking of relatives I give thanks for Tamsin agreeing to me coming to stay for a weekend some time so I can go out in their boat...and for Jan and I planning a day out meeting in the middle a bit later in the year, which if we book ahead should mean the tickets are cheaper.

I was grateful when the driver did arrive he was an easy going chap I've had before and we could have a bit of a laugh. For driving through 'film rain' is bright sky with shadows on the ground and the shower coming down like a shower! For a large quantity of leftovers ready to heat up when I got home as I was very hungry and a new-to-me episode of Come Dine with Me to enjoy while I ate it. More people watching and wondering about, and from the comfort of my sofa this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics