Wednesday 24 July 2019

Quatre-vingt-cinq

I was grateful I knew I'd be on a slightly earlier schedule today, with Rachel coming later. For getting up in time to take a cup of tea back to bed and carry on where I had to leave off yesterday with phone calls and emails chasing various outstanding matters...and for some success with one of them I think! For an empty seat in the little park across the road to enjoy some sunshine while I waited for the taxi...and for finding out it wasn't coming in time to go back home and have another go at the long running ebay saga with some success there too - a refund is finally on its way!

I wasn't at all grateful for the grumbly cab driver who finally turned up, in fact I actually asked him to cease and desist his list of complaints about various types of customer, and then tried to head him off from having a moan about other things instead. I think we both gave thanks when we finally found a topic of mutual neutral interest - books and reading! I gave even more thanks when I got to the ward and found my lovely listening consultant had clearly received and acted on my letter last week authorising a change of the anticoagulant they use in the machine and sending a prescription request to my GP for zinc supplements as, one hopes, a double whammy for this pesky hair loss.

I give thanks after much checking and cross checking I managed to ascertain the time the taxi was due to bring me home again, and tailor my treatment time to match as I would only just be in time for Rachel's arrival. I admit after all that checking I was just plain cross when the transport didn't arrive and she was there long before me, but I was grateful she could put the oven on and start some painting...and it was lovely to see her and have a catch up chat, some hasty tasty food and for me to have a restorative treatment while she painted some more. I give thanks for Rachel always being happy to get out of cooking and associated chores!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics