Thursday 25 July 2019

Quatre-vingt-six

There's few things float my boat like a boat trip so I gave great thanks for a short one today! I'd meant to lie on a beach with a book but my bag seemed absurdly heavy even without the book so I left it behind and just lay on the beach a while instead. That was quite nice, but I'd forgotten quite how long a walk it was from the quay so it was a necessary rest as much as a pleasure! I gave thanks for a renally naughty bag of fish and chips while I was out, and a renally pure frozen whipped oat custard lolly when I got home. This was an experiment...and an excellent success so I was very grateful I tried it!

One of the items in my bag increasing the weight was my camera, and I was grateful I appreciated the irony of only seeing one subject I wanted to use it for...when I was carrying a takeaway tea with nowhere to put it down! Something that wasn't in my bag that should have been was my little mp3 player. Oh the shock when I pulled out the earbuds and it wasn't at the end of and the wires! I give thanks for lots of practice at listening to fractious mums, wailing children and other human noises I'd rather filter out. One old chap was even complaining about the weather...last winter! I guess he should get marks for originality.

I give thanks for a bus journey I've not been on for many years. Lots of sights remembered and forgotten... For a herd of beautiful brown cows, and a lady boarding with a bunch of sweet peas in her hand, fresh picked from a garden I supposed. They filled the air with one of my favourite fragrances..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics