Thursday 4 July 2019

Soixante-cinq

I thought it might be nice to get away from it all today, or at least away from hospital attendance and the thickest throngs of tourists. Somehow this had to be juggled around not only a delivery of stoma supplies at an unspecified time, but the lengthy procedures involved in getting treatment for my now infected toes. After a lengthy wait to speak to someone at podiatry I was told I could see someone next week or go to my GP, and after a medium wait to speak to someone there I was told to come in this afternoon. I was very grateful for this as I'm in increasing pain, and even more so when I had notification the delivery would be after I'd be back from that - even taking into account another long wait to actually be seen!

I give thanks for setting out early so I could have a paper bag lunch in this pretty little park at the top of town followed by a 75p choc ice from the friendliest corner shop up there. That was my away from it all staycation part of the day and very pleasant it was too. albeit all to brief! Unfortunately the GP admitted she didn't know much about toenail removal or kidney failure but agreed antibiotics were needed and suggested a low dose for now to see if that was enough to fix it, and if not to check with the renal team on Monday to see if the strength could be increased. This was fine by me but the low dose pills weren't in stock at the pharmacy so I have to wait until tomorrow, so I've been grateful for lavender oil to delicately dab on the inflamed skin around the wound...and exciting tennis...and fab weather...and pottering around at home with cooking and lightweight household and home improvement tasks, all enhanced by the underlying grateful thought there's no dialysis to go to tomorrow...

I give thanks the courier who brought my expected parcel had another one for me on his van as well. For realising the package I thought was being delivered across the road was actually waiting at another supermarket of the same name on a different edge of town from where I was earlier...and that there was a bus that stopped close by. I would have been even more grateful if the item had actually been dropped off by the courier before he pressed the button to say it had been,  but after a long trek back to avoid a long wait for another bus I at least remembered to go to the Co-op to spend my vouchers. What a shame I forgot to get them out of my purse when I got there! Oh well, though most of it was along pavements and for no good purpose I mostly give thanks for having a good long walk today. My toes have a completely different view of things of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics