Saturday 20 July 2019

Quatre-vingt-un

I gave thanks for all that lovely rain yesterday but was still grateful to see the brightness chasing the clouds away early this morning, and (slightly) for the postman ringing the entryphone way before eight so I could get up and see it! I was grateful the box he couldn't get through the letterbox was full of dressings for my poorly toes, finally arrived after a tedious battle with the company who insisted I hadn't completed checkout even though I had, and PayPal had transfered the dosh. I give thanks for believing eventually I'll be as successful at getting either a replacement quilt for the one Hermes delivered to some unknown spot or my money back...but I fear it may be some time...

Yesterday was a long old day due to various administrative muddles and I got home hungry, cross, too late to do the stuff I'd been planning but extremely grateful I managed to move home before this life saving but somewhat life treatment started so I could at least be glad to shut the door behind me! Today, still weary, I gave thanks for continuing to not do the things I meant to do and stay in bed late with a book and a body full of aches and pains.

I give thanks for trying many things to get me going when I got up - retail therapy, an unintentional rural mystery tour with Mima, nice ice cream in the sun, even continuing with lower down some painting after she did some top bits. My heart wasn't in the day however, and having realised I had just enough time to watch the first Trainspotting before the second one started on TV I gave thanks I had a damn fine reason for opting out for a few hours of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics