Friday 26 July 2019

Quatre-vingt-sept

I give thanks for getting home at a reasonable hour after only minor transport muddles today. For a new-to-me taxi driver who proved a very interesting person to converse with and shared a mutual loathing of a certain popular local ice cream brand! They use organic milk according to their blurb but must mix it with wallpaper paste or something else that really shouldn't be there... For getting in the door and wondering where the light switch had gone, then remembering we were having new led lights installed earlier. The first thing I noticed when I first stepped over the threshold last year were the wibbly wobbly pendants with mismatched bulbs and crooked yellowed fringed shades. At the time I thought great, that should keep the price and interest level low...but I give many thanks now I've moved in for living somewhere where maintenance and upkeep are on the agenda without involving long drawn out bitter battles.

I give thanks for a relatively pleasant treatment session - it gets easier now I'm beginning to know the staff a little and vice versa - and for taking different headphones to try. They are harder to get over my ears with one hand but make a better seal between what I want to hear and what I don't. Something I've been wanting to hear for a while is that I've got a permanent slot and two members of staff mentioned this as a possibility today, but I've not been formally informed which I believe is the norm so I give thanks for entertaining the idea without assumption or attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics