Tuesday 9 July 2019

Soixante-dix

I give thanks for Portuguese tarts! A little of what you fancy always seems to me to be the best way to deal with diminished appetite and this morning I really fancied a pastel de nata to go with my mug of tea. I was of course extremely grateful for a bag of them in the freezer...and for discovering these delights in the exotic location of Newcastle railway station a couple of years ago. I give thanks for them also being less noisy than the toast I made in the night to try to settle my tummy to sleep. Yep, that serviced fire alarm is working a treat!

I give thanks for feeling better than I did, though every dose of antibiotics sets me back again. For working out how I could accommodate a visit from Rachel tomorrow evening as alternative dates suggested didn't work for one or other of us. I'm sure a treatment will do me good. and to get round the fact the meds schedule means I won't be able to eat the same time as her I shall sort out a picky bits picnicky kind of tea. I give thanks for working slowly through preparation for this, and for Bob coming Friday evening in between bouts of lying down and groaning. What doesn't get done just doesn't get done I keep telling myself - a very handy philosophy as it turned out as, due to a senior moment on my part taking in the contents of an email a few weeks ago, and several son moments not getting round to replying to responses, it was only this afternoon I grasped that he was coming on Thursday not Friday after all! I'd been so pleased to have my request to change treatment slot to accommodate meeting him as well...Oh well, he can have a laid back lie in while I head off to hospital

I give thanks for also being philosophical about computer systems that work against both customer and service adviser, so that only do ebay repeatedly send me messages that me my parcel is waiting for me at the shop even though the shop confirms it's not, but my mobile provider insists my new sim will arrive by post today despite the fact the postperson has long since been and gone...

Oh and for finding this photo of the roadside greenery creeping in on my open top bus ride the other day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics