Sunday 28 June 2020

Ethical

I give thanks for the Good Place taking me to a better one when events from both the present and past left me feeling angry and sad. Despite the crazy story lines and often slapstick humour, the show has at its core the minefield of ethical dilemmas which hit the spot as I struggled to come up with a respectful response to someone who had disrespected my wishes and betrayed my trust.

For the sound of the rain and wind in the squally showers. For a batch of cooking, and mostly keeping the resulting mountain of washing up under control! For finishing sewing a comfy cotton mask for shopping and then wearing it to the corner shop at the end of their working day when the trippers had mostly wandered off home and I felt safe to make my first foray. For them having one carton of milk left which was just what I wanted...and for their new improved product range including non dairy milk and small packs of fruit and veg like their big sister store down the road, which wasn't what I wanted just then but which was good to see.

For some attractive and attractively priced earrings from Jan's online shop arriving. and for her being there to let me let off steam. For Christine sending some attractive photos and one being perfect for for wallpaper on my new tablet. Yes, of course I asked if it was OK, and if she'd said no I wouldn't have. I'm grateful this would seem to be the way to behave to me, if not to other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics