Wednesday 17 June 2020

Floppy

Flippin' 'eck I'm floppy, and sore in many places and ways, so at home I've been giving thanks for my bed and bath and sofa over the last twenty four hours. After the necessary standing up and moving around to do essential tasks, even sitting up in a comfy chair to look out of the window seems much too much effort...and besides I see people out there clearly having fun, and at the moment I'd rather not!

I give thanks for managing the extra challenges of a dialysis day with as best grace as I could muster, which I admit probably wasn't as much as maybe other people might have liked. For reclining the treatment seat when my blood pressure dropped being no hardship at all, and for the bliss of restorative tea and biscuits being brought to within reach of my hand.

I've been exceedingly grateful for all that cooking and clearing and tidying up performed in preparation for this Pembro aftermath... and am even more so for the very appealing prospect of a day off tomorrow to do as (little as) I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics