Saturday 13 June 2020

Ongoing

Just over nine years I've been doing this...and I give thanks sometimes I still completely forget about writing down what I've been grateful for. It's a habit not a compulsion!

So um yes...let me think...I give thanks for
the luxury of a Saturday to do (more or less) what I like). I don't just mean having no hospital appointments or treatments but the luxury of not having to go out to work or to find food or shelter or a safe place to be. In our country at this time we are most of us so privileged we don't even notice how much.

For going out briefly for the pleasure of stretching my legs and fresh air on my skin (though not the skin of my legs!) For the salty smell of the tide coming in along with drizzly rain. For staying in and pottering with ongoing domestic tasks and craft projects. For Tamsin sending me a video of rippling corn from a 'proper' walk. For the sound of larksong in the background...and memories on striding on hilltops and cliffs in the summer with their trilling high overhead. For this year's five cygnets now so grown they cover the little silt island opposite where they like to sit.

For a day of good energy and relatively little pain so that I've achieved a sense of achievement, and now ouching on the couch hardly able to keep my eyes open seems fairly reasonable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics