Saturday 20 June 2020

Kind

I've been grateful so far homework for the Science of Wellbeing Course has required practices that tend to be part of my life anyway - keeping a gratitude journal and mindfully savouring pleasant experiences. This week however we're supposed to perform daily acts of kindness and make new social connections. The course was designed some time ago and these are going to require some ingenuity given my current state of incarceration/incapacitation.

One of the suggestions was that we donated to charity so I give thanks for thinking to ask on a local Facebook page if there were any nearby who would like to collect second hand items I would have taken to a shop myself before having to shield...but to begin with all that happened was someone asked how big the clothes were and then admin deleted the whole thing due to a ban on 'selling' on their page! Another suggestion was chatting to a barista which seemed kind of unlikely, but by a curious twist of fate I found a coffee kiosk unexpectedly open and did that very thing through a protective screen. I suspect they'd have been more grateful if I'd actually bought a beverage and trust me, if I'd had any money with me I'd have broken both dietary and immunity rules and treated myself to a cappuccino...savored it, and been grateful too!

I give thanks for sorting out a bag of fabric pieces if I can find a way to get them to any mask makers and in the process moving some stuff in the spare room to put carpet offcuts on the floor up against the stud wall between my flat and 'next door'. She's a heavy smoker and I think there must be a little gap at the bottom where the smell seeps through. If it works this will be an act of kindness to myself...and might stop me thinking unkindly thoughts about my neighbour too 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics