Tuesday 30 June 2020

Mellow

Looking back on the day it seemed at first as if I'd done nothing as the distant past of it was a morning spent mostly amiably idle with a book being very grateful to be 'allowed', and not long before starting to write this an NQSD had morphed into a nap...but when I went into the kitchen to get a cuppa there was the remains of the soup that somehow had been made, the washing up done and the oven door open as I'd given the inside a scrub, and I had to scuffle through papers on the floor on the way to be recycled from sorting out a drawer...and my shoes were in the hall from coming back from a brisk walk around a rather scenic block...and I thought actually no, today's been rather busy, just in a pleasantly mellow way!

I give thanks for the sounds of the heavy rain showers pattering on the roof tiles just above my bed beneath the eaves. For having the wherewithal to close the Windows in my life and try out a Chromebook instead. For winning the usual battle of wills with my ancient printer, in this case to scan my Will in case it refuses to have anything to do with the new piece of kit at all! For closing my laptop - which no longer comes with sound - and finding another device on which to play today's can't sit still to tune - Canned Heat's Let's Work Together. I'd be interested to know (if anyone is interested to tell me) what you would choose for seven days of dancing tunes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics