Wednesday 3 June 2020

Hearty

I'm so grateful I learnt to make risotto! What I need to do now is perfect the quantity I produce as I there's always more than I actually need to eat, but I always eat it all...

I give thanks for the beautiful rain today. The thirsty earth does need some, and seaside and beauty spots need a rest from the relentless visitors. For the cosy feeling of being inside and hearing the patter of drops on the window and swish of cars on the road. I give thanks, probably not at all coincidentally, there are less cars on the road as well. 

I give thanks for trying harder to shield myself psychologically as well as physically. I am a loss as to why most people I encounter feel the need to say most of what they do, let alone how I'm supposed to respond, and why anyone would willingly listen to Heart and similar radio stations is utterly beyond me, so I'm grateful at least in a taxi I can sometimes put my earphones in and rest my brain a while.

I give thanks for my lusty circulation. The nurse who disconnected me did the job somewhat distractedly and my needle wound decided to sneakily start bleeding again when I went to the loo before leaving. Well I say sneakily...it was dripping through my clothes onto the bathroom floor! I give thanks I took the comfort break or this would have happened in transit and that would have been far more of a faux pas than failing to make the expected small talk or act interested when I'm not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics