Thursday 25 June 2020

Baking

I give thanks for summer! There's much to enjoy in all weathers and seasons but in summer I sometimes get warm enough to relax! For the convenient location of my flat - one road to cross to get to the park and one to get to the sea...

For the smell of fresh cut grass and for stopping to chat with Michelle who had collected my Poppadoms order. She walked past me the first time talking on her phone and I thought it might be her but wasn't sure...then later she came back having thought the same! We've only met once and that was a few months ago...

For their delicious cottage cheese (no it's not an oxymoron) on ryvita for my lunch with fresh picked baby leaves from my mini garden on top...and, as it was a tad on the warm side even for me and I'd had a busy start, for a little siesta to follow.

For ready made pastry...and for the recent discovery, when remoulding scraps, that if you roll it out between greaseproof paper you don't get stickiness and flour everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics