Saturday 27 June 2020

Practical

Of course in theory I'm grateful for the treatments that are keeping me alive, and in practice it's not really so very hard to sit still, eat finger food, snooze and watch Netflix downloads...but that doesn't mean I don't prefer days at home doing household chores in my nightie! I give thanks there's been a lot of that today, in between a lot of resting the various parts made sore by the physicality. For the variety of tasks tackled beyond routine cleaning, including hand sewing the closure on a cushion cover and finally fitting that bit of hall carpet by the kitchen door. For the satisfaction of completing a couple of jobs that (I sincerely hope!) won't need doing all over again in a day or two...

I give thanks for also at last working out how to unblock the vacuum when the end piece seems to have been secretly superglued in place and poking with a straight object just packed the debris in tighter. The solution? Perseverance plus a piece of curtain wire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics