Friday 5 June 2020

Released

I give thanks for the fabulous fragrance of curry wafting around the flat after being released from the fridge. I'm not adverse to a pot of paste now and then but you can't beat a proper job one made with grated and ground spices. I give thanks for being released too! My transport was very early, the machine very late being ready to use and the nurse who took me off it at the end very very slow so it seemed a particularly long day.

I give thanks for preparing for the giving of blood results. At this unit they print them out and a member of staff tells you what they think of them before they hand them over. What they think might be quite different from the opinions of the consultant and dietician, so if the numbers were what I knew they'd approve of and they were delivered by the portly chap who does a sharp intake of breath and asks if you know what you're supposed to be eating, I'd resolved to offer an analogy by means of response. Probably all for the best that it was a slender female who declared the figures unremarkable then!

For the pleasant but not particularly warm evening, plus the ready made supper inspiring me to take the aching joints for a walk. For seeing the new yellow gosling escaping from its mother's warning honks to investigate the water, a seal bobbing up just beyond the little cove...and an angry and dishevelled woman striding up the road from the chip shop declaring loudly 'I'm not going to f*ckin live here'. Given the impression she made I was quite grateful for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics