Tuesday 9 June 2020

Retreating

I give thanks for twelve hours retreat from the world. All its violence and viciousness really gets me down sometimes, and not just the physical side but the all the anger, criticism and negative comment too, the condemnation, repercussions and blame. To reduce stress we're advised to limit the time we spend on 'news' and social media which might say a lot about the inhumanity of a lot of humanity - although I'm not sure it's my place to say! I give thanks I try not to cast aspersions, merely to understand, and for attempting to focus on improving my own thoughts and behaviour.

I give thanks for meditation. For the calm blue sea when I finally sat with my porridge and cuppa by the window. For the flat bottomed coaster making a curved white wake as it came to collect machinery from the cove where the next stage of wall development is due to take place. For how good the work is beginning to look, I really am impressed. For this chap taking a retreat of his own. I'm not sure if he was on his lunch break, waiting for kit or cement to dry but I was impressed with his absorption as work clattered on around him and a large drone whirred overhead.


I give thanks Julie went to Dunelm to collect something for me at exactly the right time to find just what she was looking for for herself in the sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics