Monday 29 June 2020

Alight

I give thanks for hearing (unofficially) I am still on the treatment list at my 'home' unit and maybe...if the loonies don't set us all back to square one...some time in August I may return! For a little mutual exchange of moans with the nurse who told me, who is also keen to go back. For her getting the needles in just right this time.

For a fascinating Timeshift documentary on the history of the landline to help the afternoon pass, and a very generous portion of biscuits to go with my cup of tea! For glowing pink shades of hydrangea bushes by the roadside. For some new coloured pots for my fast growing houseplants.

For reaching week 4 of the interesting and rewarding Science of Wellbeing course. So far the homework has been pretty easy for me (even talking to more people!) but this time we have to commit to a certain  amount of sleep and exercise for seven days. The former I really can't control much more than I do, and I have to take what I can get. Last night this wasn't much, but I was very grateful for the dream about George Harrison! I know for sure I won't be able to do the suggested thirty minutes exercise every day either, and the course does say if there are health restrictions you don't have to, but I didn't want to completely cop out on that and have vowed to dance to one tune a day. It can be dialysis patient dancing ie. even less exuberant than dad dancing, or if necessary, sitting down and merely moving whichever body parts agree, but it will be some extra movement I wouldn't normally have. Today 'me ears are alight' ...never fails to instigate some kind of rhythmic twitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics