Sunday 7 June 2020

Characterful

I give thanks for singing out loud to an album I first loved when I was in my teens. For sobbing out loud at reaching the passing of probably my favourite fictional female first encountered in my thirties in books and on TV. For eating toast with cream cheese and my own home grown baby lettuce leaves in between. Last night was a damn fine solitary lockdown evening!

For discovering via a US site the wavy walls of East Anglia
https://www.boredpanda.com/wavy-crinkle-crankle-walls/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

For hobbling along with very grumbly ankles and knees to watch something similar, if not so picturesque, taking shape here. Love that the engineer in charge of the chaps with spirit levels ensuring each piece is in exactly the right place is a young woman.

For taking an interesting character strengths test as part of that Science of Wellbeing course. It's a sort of questionnaire so the interest for me was in the set up of the statements you had to agree or disagree with as well as the results calculated from your answers. So, for instance, as I didn't consider my 'faith' was all important I'm rated as not very spiritual, and because I had to be fair and say I wasn't always fair I've come out as not being! Apparently by their methods my top traits are humour, creativity and appreciation of beauty and excellence and this week's exercise is to try to put these strengths into action every day.  As with the gratitude diary recommendation I'm grateful I can tick off with ease!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics