Monday 29 March 2021

Diverting

I give thanks for the wonderful weather for the first day of expanding freedom for many. I'm supposed to be shielding still until Thursday, so I was delighted to find an empty seat among the happy minglers, shielded from the fresh cool breeze, to pause on and enjoy the sun on my way to the shop for a no stir tea! My shoulder was very sore last night and I was most grateful to wake up with no pain...until I started moving. For trying to be as gentle with it as I can given the lameness of my left side, and for managing to adopt a fairly comfy position for dialysis so the discomfort could calm down during treatment.

I give thanks for a good afternoon with lots of snoozing - I think it's my over active fistula making me so tired - some Netflix and a tasty packed snack. For a new appointment to see a surgeon about the above, and word from Clive that my new kitchen units won't be arriving until a civilised time tomorrow.

Most of all I give thanks for an unexpected road closure as we left the city meaning a drive over the forested hills, bright with gorse and golden light and enchanting to my civilisation overloaded eyes. We had to come back down the kind of narrow winding lane my taxi driver hates and I adore. I did feel for him (honest!)...now and then...in between numerous exclamations of appreciation! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics