Thursday 4 March 2021

Enhanced

I give thanks for the damp, dark and rather chilly weather today - ideal for encouraging lockdown law compliance. I had to go out for a couple of essentials as, having heard nothing to the contrary, I assume its two treatment Friday tomorrow and the weekend will be essentially lost. Didn't feel grateful before or on departure, but when I took a slight detour for a quick look at the sea and realised the beach was practically deserted it enhanced my mood a lot and even my energy a little. 

For the muted palette of sand and sky, and wet shine bringing out colours in the pebbles. For robin song and duck quacks in the park on my way to the store, geese stretching their necks indignantly and honking after food that seemed to be flying towards them was intercepted by swooping gulls.

For a big pan of butter bean curry made for tomorrow's tea and beyond. And for booking my second vaccine slot with the greatest of ease...well apart from the ease I've been taking on the sofa since I've been home! For a poignant vicarious visit to Pripyat with Ben Fogle. Random fact: when Chernobyl reactor No 4 blew I was on a three hundred mile cross country hike! Those were indeed the days my friend... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics