Friday 26 March 2021

Stunned

Oof! How good to be home on my sofa in a clean flat, and the vicious pain in my upper arm subsiding for now, though typing will set it off again so this post may take some time. Nobody say rotator cuff, OK? It's just some pulled muscles I'm (mostly) sure! 

I give thanks Michelle is a very helpful home help and happy to do whatever you ask her within reason, so I can ask her to do whatever I'd most appreciate each week. Putting fresh bed linen on and hanging up the washed stuff is always welcome, and particularly so today as technical failure in the urological department had made for a rude awakening from needed sleep and far too much shouldering of loads with accompanying pain before even my morning tea!

Talking of tea, I give thanks the rather new member of housekeeping staff mistakenly pushed the trolley past my side room this afternoon without pausing to provide refreshments, as when I raised a polite query as to whether she was coming back, she did so with abundant apologies and a fresh individually brewed cup...plus biscuits of course. For some surprisingly deep catch up snoozes. 

I give thanks for getting the tourist seat on the bus. There'd been a few single deckers on the route today so I was delighted the one I caught wasn't, had lots of windows open, only a sparse smattering of passengers and none at the front on top! For lots of sights to enjoy on the journey with dazzling sunny spells in between squally showers. There were rainbows, curving in the sky, as you might expect, but also briefly horizontal in the haze on the estuary where warmth was evaporating the previous rain. Stunning! For a young man thatching an old cottage by the roadside and a bright yellow helicopter hovering low over bright green fields. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics