Tuesday 23 March 2021

Young

Well it's been a stop start day here and I'm not beating myself up about that. I give thanks the lower joints are recovering from the most mountainous workout they've had for some years. It was only a steep hill, up, along and down, but I did wear my Mountain Warehouse trousers to add to the sense I was 'hiking'. Every little helps as they say, and apart from pain, strain and excruciatingly embarrassing slowness it did feel rather good acting a bit like the old (ie. young) me! 

I give thanks for clearing space for Rachel to get up the big ladder and second coat one of the spare room walls. For making some progress under my own steam in the kitchen, surprised and grateful my shoulder which had been so sore again last night and this morning actually seemed to improve from the movement - temporarily at least! Painting is another activity where I find myself in a pleasantly timeless zone but all the moving stuff around is rather wearing, especially the steps which somehow always seem to be in not quite the right place when I get up them! I give thanks therefore Julie is coming another day to help finish that off.

I give thanks for the sun making through the cloud by late afternoon, mildness making it no hardship to leave the window wide open for the painting smell to disperse. For photos on Facebook of one of the cygnets riding on its mother's back. For forty winks on the sofa followed by sixty plus minutes trying to psych myself up to get off it and move my stiffening limbs in the direction of the shop for a pint of milk. For the delay meaning no queue in the Co-op, and no queue at the chip shop in my way when taking a slight detour to see the sea - always a bonus on both counts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics