Sunday 14 March 2021

Chunky

I was unexpectedly fast asleep for a chunk of the late afternoon, but I was up and about unexpectedly early this morning and unusually busy and bustling about. I give thanks for having very acceptable levels of energy and purpose - well for a few hours at least - and the bliss of being able to nap when you need to! I'd not been intending to go out any where but realised it was a friends birthday and took an unscheduled journey to pop a card and little gift through her door. It's in another part of town, mostly up hill from here, so I was grateful I could take a bus some of the way. It's near the end of the route for that number and when it arrived all the passengers alighted and only I got on, so the driver asked if I'd mind waiting while he popped to get a hot drink from the shop by the stop to see him through the fifteen minute wait at the turnaround! Rather strange to sit on a locked double decker all by yourself but not at all unpleasant...

I give thanks for deciding to walk back in the mild sunshine taking in a little loop of delightful paths I don't think I've ever been on before - even in my younger fitter days when my boots gobbled up chunks of coast path greedily. Back on the road I began to realise it's actually not all uphill on the way there, and after walking yesterday was getting rather tired so I was grateful I started really fancying a scone with jam and whipped vegan cream and the desire to hit the baker's spurred me on. Sadly no single plain scones were to be found so I gave thanks for a large late lunch of assorted leftovers instead before keeling over for my snooze.

I give thanks for an unusually chatty day (for me!) by means of various chatting platforms. I give thanks for mobile phones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics