Saturday 20 March 2021

Abroad

Apparently it's officially spring today but the weather here didn't get the memo. I give thanks for the overcast coolness, however, as it helped to keep down the numbers of folk taking their daily exercise in the vicinity, some of whom seemed suspiciously non-local to me. I expect they couldn't get pasties where they live so it was an essential journey, eh? To be fair I can't cooking-for-one size portions of ginger root and chilli pepper where I live either so I had to make a journey too.

I give thanks for feeling I had to make a journey for these and other items, as pain levels have been high, energy low and trying to get on with the tasks I'd planned to tackle at home was frustrating more than fulfilling. I give thanks my mojo finally deigned to put in an appearance on the top deck of a bus travelling a couple of miles in the opposite direction from the hospital, and back (which was towards the hospital, of course, but on a different stretch of highway!)  I'm aware how much I miss being able to see different places even within the county's public transport routes and give thanks for trying to introduce as much geographic novelty as I can muster within legal and health restrictions. For the invigoration of a new view (same old road but they've cut some trees down) inspiring me to drop off my shopping in the communal hall (giving thanks for my central dwelling and very trustworthy fellow residents!) and walk up the brook a little way to watch for a grey fluffy head peeking out between black feathers. For patience, and success in this little mission, and for admiring how the leaves on the weeping willow have opened enough to provide mother and babies with some privacy.

I give thanks for being home on my sofa, with a hot water bottle to soothe a horridly sore upper arm and the fascinating Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb awaiting my further attention. I hadn't realised this was a recent excavation, and how good it is to see the whole project staffed at all levels by Egyptians!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics