Saturday 13 March 2021

Lying

I give thanks for a mug of tea and some warm blobs - they were meant to be cookies but didn't spread. For them tasting fine nonetheless.

I give thanks I was out earlier in the day when there was patchy sunshine not horizontal hail like there was not long ago. For showers though, as the great British public tend to be terrible wusses when it comes to a few drops of rain and mostly stay out of the way! For a substitute Mother's Day treat of cappuccino and cannoli in the cove where I have been with Bob once, and hope one day I can go with again. For my wonderful wellies so I could walk there via the beach which looked as if it just had a skim of sea water on the sand, but had concealed deeper dips and ditches to be negotiated. For those blobby spots on my ankles flattening out so boots are comfortable to wear again. 


Last weekend, mostly lying in my spare room bed, I spotted so much stuff around needing cleaning, sorting or other maintenance but couldn't do a thing. So, after a snoozy rest from outdoor exertions, I was grateful for some second wind to get busy with a bit of this, that and...well not the other, though my craft table did end up on its back with its legs in the air to have its loose nuts tightened! 

I give thanks for making my evening meal this morning, and for last night recording a Lewis I don't remember seeing before. I'm ready to get horizontal again - I give thanks for my comfy sofa and no reason why I should not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics