Sunday 28 March 2021

Dastardly

I give thanks there's been little sign of the rumoured impending heatwave yet, with thick cloud and a stiff breeze most of the day keeping the crowds at bay. For finally making myself presentable and getting out there for a bit of a walk around the park. This was partly to check out the cygnet spotting and takeaway opportunities for Mima coming to town next week, and partly to remind myself minor injury and dastardly illness notwithstanding I don't actually need to lounge around every spare moment I get! For plenty of lounging around nonetheless, but also getting on with both regular and extracurricular tasks in the kitchen. For times of less excruciating pain

I give thanks my favourite risotto recipe requires little stirring. For starting one so I'll finish, and for the way that Sainsbury's lets you know what will be missing from your order before it arrives, so I know a key ingredient is on its way. For catching up with some true crime documentaries including one on John Warboys. Few things get me  riled up as much as when the police go beyond mere ineptitude to use the full force of their institutionalised misogyny to ensure crimes against women remain uninvestigated and thus unsolved for as long as they can get away with it, let alone the perpetrators! I give thanks for the almost accidental eventual arrests in cases such as these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics